Magento 2 can be run on many different types of servers, but here is a rundown of the basic requirements.
Operating systems (Linux x86-64):
- Linux distributions such as RedHat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, Ubuntu, Debian, and so on
Composer (latest stable version):
- Composer is required for developers who wish to contribute to the Magento 2 codebase or anyone who wishes to develop Magento extensions
- Apache 2.2 or 2.4
- In addition, the apache mod_rewrite module must be enabled. mod_rewrite enables the server to perform URL rewriting. For more information, see our Apache documentation.
- nginx 1.8 (or latest mainline version)
- MySQL 5.6 (Oracle or Percona)
If you’re considering starting an e-commerce store, please feel free to contact us for a free consultation. We are happy to discuss your options and help you chose the best platform for your store.